Wednesday, March 5, 2008

This blog was a little different for me. I don't know about you guys, but I have never been one for post my ideas all over the internet. Call me old-fashioned, but I prefer a good-ol' face-to-face chat with people when I discuss issues close to home. Now, this is not to say that I found this blog to be a waste of time. In fact, it actually helped me become more relaxed in my writing and forced me to realize that when you are composing something you don't always have to treat it as a piece of art. Sometimes, the best writing is when you don't try to hide it behind intricate phrases. Some of my favorite posts on this blog avoided a pedantic tone that made me feel as though I was being talked to, not at. And it is this concept that I think is essential. Furthermore, the more I look over this blog, the easier it is to see who these bloggers really are, and see past the face they portray as they write. Call me crazy, but I found way more value in the pieces that had some history, some personal weight, behind them, because to me that what matters most: connecting to people through shared experiences, the bridge to what is intrinsically us, rather than merely to the extrinsic mask we create when we write for a specific audience.

No comments: